Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Dover junkies, rejoice

For those of you who miss the lies, laughter, and tears of the Dover intelligent design trial, you'll be happy to know that the first book about the trial was just published. Written by Pulitzer-prize winning journalist Edward Humes, Monkey Girl: Evolution, Education, Religion and the Battle for America's Soul "chronicles the second coming of the infamous Scopes Monkey Trial, a story about what happens when science and religion collide," according to the author's website.

It's gotten good reviews, and I hear from those who have read it that it's very favorable to our side of the issue. I enjoyed the LA Times review, which had this quote:
...I know the pervasive power of religious fundamentalism in America. Or at least I thought I did. Humes...has opened my eyes. I only wish I could close them again.

Also of particular interest is the York Dispatch article on the book.
We'd love to hear comments from anyone who's read the book!

Note: Edward Humes will be at a book signing at University of Pennsylvania bookstore this coming Monday, Feb. 12 (Darwin's birthday), from 7 to 8:15 pm.

Sara in Philly

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home